Saturday, October 13, 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Steve Carell and Keira Knightley star in a film about love and friendship under the worst possible circumstances. I had very low expectations for this film and it was actually not that bad. The film is marketed as a comedy, but I found very little of the film to be funny. The film had a very nice message about friendship but I did lose interest at several points and the ending was quite depressing (You can probably guess why). I recommend this film as a rental at best.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! You're definitely not the first person I've come across who has these thoughts about this movie. I didn’t hear too much about it when it was in theaters, but as of late a lot of my coworkers of DISH have been talking about it. Renting it seems to be the same answer I'm getting from everybody when it comes to seeing it, so I'm going to add it to the top of my Blockbuster @Home queue and do just that. I'll watch it probably sometime next week after I get it in the mail. Being a fan of Steve Carell though, I'm actually kind of excited to watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your opinion! If you're a fan of Steve Carell, then definitely give the film a shot. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of his films, but I watched this one with an open mind. I did really like the film's message though. A one time watch for me.

    ReplyDelete